Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open-source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people’s lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is currently seeking an all-around Technical Sales Engineer to join our BD team in Washington, DC. As a Technical Sales Engineer at Amida, you will work as a member of the Business Development (BD) team to solve business and technical problems for prospective clients and customers. You will serve as a technical resource for delivering superior Amida presentations and developing high-quality marketing collateral.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Amida solutions
- Respond to RFI’s, RFP’s, proposals etc.
- Understand the needs and pains of the customer and link them to the appropriate Amida solution(s)
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Liaise with members of the BD team and other technical experts within Amida
- Present and articulate solution benefits, industry trends, and Amida past performance to explain how an Amida solution will meet the client’s needs
- Maintain awareness of relevant competitive solutions and define opportunities for differentiation
- Create technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our solutions where and when appropriate
- Develop marketing concepts, tools, collateral, and content to drive wins.
- Assist in adding opportunities to the business development funnel, contribute to the capture process, engage in technology marketing activities, help diversify the customer acquisition model, and improve competitive positioning by providing appropriate feedback to the engineering team when applicable
- Ensure that Amida’s BD team and channel partners have the focused technical collateral and tools to successfully position, sell, and deploy Amida’s solutions
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of related experience in Marketing, Business Development, and OR Technical Sales
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with Sales Enablement and/or Account-Based Marketing tools
- Demonstrate analytical skills, the aptitude to learn and understand the technical and scientific subject matter and a strong sense of curiosity
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management (certifications a plus)
- An understanding of “open source” business models and culture
- A dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Proven technical knowledge/understanding and ability to work with a technical team
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills